LumenSoft Technologies is an Information Technology consulting company, founded in 2000. It caters to the retail industry by offering trusted POS solutions to thousands of single and multi-store chains. LumenSoft also provides retail consultancy regarding industry best practices which maximizes value for investment made by the customers.
We offer a complete package to give retailers the resources they need to succeed in the market, including financial management, stock management, price management, customer loyalty club, customer order maintenance, analysis and reporting of data, SMS services in both English and Urdu, and physical audit. We back our products with efficient and effective customer support.
LumenSoft’s flagship product, Candela, is a complete retail solution that’s being used by diverse retail segments including apparel, footwear, fabrics, cosmetics, pharmacies, grocery, bakeries, restaurants, electrical appliances and gift items. This includes single location stores and multi-location chain stores.
Over the years LumenSoft has grown and now has footprints in 96 cities of Pakistan and 12 countries worldwide. LumenSoft has a fast growing partner network that’s expanding not just in many cities of Pakistan but also in other countries around the world.
The core philosophy that determines the direction of our business is: Make Retail Simple. It’s a customer centric philosophy that aims to build retail solutions that are easy to use, and efficient enough to give our customers a competitive edge, and help them achieve rapid business growth.
Customer satisfaction is what LumenSoft aspires for.
- LumenSoft grows to 40 plus employees
- Organizes 2nd retail conference
- Wins Pasha ICT awards for best in CSR and Brand building
- Third party integrations (E- Connect, one load, MCB POS, Million accounting software)
- Launches Candela M
- Launches Android app for restaurant version of Candela
- Launches Candela cloud (personal) beta version
- Holds first ever retail conference in Pakistan
- Wins All World Network ‘Pakistan Fast Growth 100’ Award
- Launches Candela BI
- Launches Restaurant version of Candela
Candela deployed at 73 chain stores &more than 700 locations
Presence in 42 cities of Pakistan and two countries worldwide
Wins APICTA Award for best E-logistics and supply chain software
Wins PASHA ICT Award 2011
Wins MITCEF BAP 2011 (business acceleration plan)
- LumenSoft has become the largest retail chain solution provider in Pakistan with 300 installations including 28 chain stores
- Launches customer support, call center to support the maintenance needs of the customers
- Partner network expands to countries across the globe
Learning ropes of a product company
- Customer base for Candela increases
- The company ventures into overseas project for Intech
- Starts partner network across Pakistan
- LumenSoft registered as a Private Limited Company “LumenSoft Technologies (Pvt.) Ltd.
- Registers in Microsoft partnership program; shifts the development platform to .NET
- Develops ‘Lightwave’, an accounting software
- Launches first bill board to introduce Candela
- Steady rise in customers of ‘Lightwave’
- RCMS is re-christened as Candela
- Formal marketing efforts launched
- Company doubles the efforts on process improvement, quality assurance, and improved design methodology
- LumenSoft acquires a big chain store customer for RCMS
- Moves out of the incubator to a rented place in Cavalry grounds
Year 2001- 2002
- LUMS offers incubator for two years to LumenSoft
- First three random projects including building a web portal and LUMS admission management project
- Company registers with the Chamber of Commerce and Pakistan Software Export Board
- Establishment of Quality department with one QA engineer
- A product for retail management is conceived and work starts on the project
- The product is called Retail Chain Management System or RCMS
RCMS is Candela’s grandparent!
All this happens from an incubator of 18.5*13.5 feet!
- A bunch of LUMS graduates conceive the idea
- LumenSoft is founded and registered as Association of People
The name was coined to represent a company that would be a beacon of light in the world of software development. For the founders the name also showed their association with and gratitude for their alma mater (LUMS).
Get in touch